Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Decontamination Technicians needed for permanent / direct hire openings to work in nuclear plants across the U.S.
Decontamination Technicians are required to perform in an industrial work environment, adhere to specific and complex work instructions, maintain high technical qualifications, and perform work in a safe and efficient manner.
The usual duties of this position include performance of radiological and environmental work and equipment operations required to remove radioactive and hazardous materials in accordance with strict technical work procedures.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to work in radiological and hazardous material work areas.
• The handling and packaging of radioactive and hazardous waste and manual and remote decontamination operations.
• Ability to work in self-contained breathing apparatus and operate breathing air systems.
• Ability to operate man lifts, for lifts, and other vehicles.
• Must have high school education or equivalent. Post high school technical education/apprenticeship highly desirable.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain qualification as a radiological contamination worker.
• Must be able to secure and maintain unescorted access in a nuclear facility.
• Past experience decontaminating nuclear OR DOE facilities
• Senior level Decon Techs are desired
71 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.