Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
3D PDS Plant Designer
• Provide 3D-PDS Plant Designer staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, 3D Modeling using Plant Design System (PDS) “Piping and Equipment” software, design development, and generation of design output documents. Prepare, review and approve design change forms, disposition nonconformance reports, review vendor documents and incorporate into 3D models, and resolve construction issues.
• Design services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
• Associate degree in a technical discipline and at least 10 - 12 years of work experience or 12 - 16 years of practical work experience.
• Formal training in Computer Aided Design or 3D modeling is preferred.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Candidate must demonstrate 10 years of experience as a Plant Designer, including experience with Glovebox design, site layouts, piping layouts, electrical commodity details, HVAC duct and equipment layouts, material handling, and vendor document reviews.
• Significant experience using PDS “Piping and Equipment” software is required.
• Working knowledge of American Glovebox Society standards for Glovebox design as well as National Codes and Standards such as ASME B31.3 and NFPA 101 is required.
• Candidate must have the ability to walk down systems in the field.
• Previous SRS design experience is preferred.
• A forty (40) hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS:
• Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. Supplier shall possess a positive FOCI determination from DOE which includes the “Q” security clearance level. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a “Q” clearance based on work assignments.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
70 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.