Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 99354
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 8656850502
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Software Distribution Analyst opportunity for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Hanford Site.
Title of Scope: Software Distribution Support
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements
The primary work location is 2261 Stevens, Richland Washington (subject to change). Work including meetings may also be conducted on the Hanford site at various locations.
Support the Software Distribution needs of the Hanford Site. These needs include operation of the current deployment environment as well as creating new packages for deployment and providing tier-II and tier-III support for end-users, and software developers.
• BA/BS degree with 3 years Information Technology experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 2 years of experience with deploying software in an enterprise environment
• Experience with successfully resolving complex issues within a moderate to large computing environment.
• Ability to provide support during non-standard business hours and be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as needed or as scheduled.
Contractor would prefer an analyst that has prior experience in performing enterprise application configuration and operations duties, with skills that are relative to the Hanford configuration and future plans, including:
• Knowledge and experience with deploying software in a Windows 10 environment as well as a VMWare VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) environment
• Knowledge and experience with AutoIt scripting language
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SCCM, WSUS, and SCOM
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Knowledge and experience with operations metrics and analytics.
• Technical certifications for any of the above tools
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Software Distribution (SD) analyst will be responsible for various aspects of providing software in a standardized manner to the ~8000 end-user devices, and 400 software packages on the Hanford site. This includes operating and supporting the current SD environment; creation, update, and upgrading of existing deployment packages; distribution through multiple methods (Homegrown toolset, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), and other deployment toolsets. This position will work supporting infrastructure to ensure enterprise level performance, availability and security to effectively manage infrastructure and content on a 24/7 schedule.
Working with other Information Technology (IT) professionals/Subject Matter Experts on various infrastructure components, systems and servers, this position manages the day-to-day technical operations and product management of the software distribution systems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Manages the day-to-day technical operations and product management, monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
• Manage capacity planning, system-wide operation control, task automation and providing recommendations on innovative and/or cost-effective options.
• Lead and/or assist with problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations to effectively manage and communicate issues and perform problem analysis to resolution on a 24/7 schedule.
• Tier-II and III troubleshooting support, working with the user support team and the operations staff to effectively manage and communicate issues and perform problem analysis to resolution on a 24/7 schedule. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
• Manage integration with other systems, capacity planning, system-wide operation control, task automation and providing recommendations on innovative and/or cost-effective options for delivering and/or improving enterprise services.
• Develop new packages for deployment within both the thick and thin client environments of the Hanford Local Area Network (HLAN)
• Post code and/or configuration changes within the environment to support customer and developer needs.
• Apply revisions, upgrades, and patches to enterprise software.
• Develop new system implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability, high availability and system security of enterprise services.
• Stays current with technological developments and provide recommendations on how to take advantage of new advancements.
• Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to customers.
• Ensure system security across enterprise application services, including contribution to security best practices.
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
33 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.