[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 507939
Posted By: BHI Energy
Posted On: 2019-03-11 09:17:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Click here to apply for: Rigger
Subject: Rigger (321326)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 28461
CERTIFIED RIGGERS NEEDED!!
- Minimum has 3 years rigging experience in either NUCLEAR or FOSSIL PLANTS
- Provide supporting documented field experience and is proficient in the sizing up of loads, assembling of rigging to lift, and move equipment or materials around site during maintenance activities.
- Perform daily per-use inspection of equipment being used.
- Participate in pre-job briefings.
- Use and properly operate basic rigging equipment/tooling i.e. slings, chokers, cables, come-a-longs, chain falls, shackles, eye bolts, beam clamps, etc.
- Loads, transports, unloads and assists in selecting cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
- Attaches load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes and chains to crane hook.
- Gives direction to crane operator or hoisting engineer engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials handled using hand signals, loudspeaker, two-way radio or telephone.
- Sets up braces and rigs hoisting equipment using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Has ability to tie various knots.
- Coordinate the movement of hands and feet according to visual signals and directions.
- Verify per-use equipment inspections have been completed prior to operation.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding.
- Lift minimum of fifty pounds over head.
- Must be qualified rigger and signalman in accordance with applicable plant procedures
- NCCER Certification or equivalent qualification: Nuclear
- NCCCO or EPRI: Fossil
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
1162 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.