Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Radiological Control Inspector
• The purpose the following positions are to provide technical and practical support in the area of Radiation Protection.
• Functions including but not limited to:
• Perform a contamination survey
• Perform a radiation survey
• Document RWP surveys
• Provide routine/non-routine radiological job coverage
• Decontamination of equipment and supplies
• Radioactive waste handling
• Track radioactive materials transfer
• Conduct air, water and soil samples for radioactive contamination
• Perform sample analysis
• Required to successfully complete a written examination and oral evaluation by SRNS
• personnel prior to beginning any radiological work.
• No exceptions to the written examination shall be granted unless personnel have documentation of completion of the SRS standardized core courses for DOE
• Radiological Control Technicians within the past twenty four, (24) months. If the initial screening or requalification examination (required every two years) score is greater than 70% but less than 80% (passing score) then a second examination will be allowed within seven days. Those who fail on their second attempt will not be considered again for a minimum period of six months from the date of the last examination.
• Be able to complete their task while wearing respiratory protection equipment.
• They will be required to climb stairs and ladders while carrying twenty-five pounds of survey equipment. Depending on their assignment and DOE approval, they may be required to drive government vehicles. They will be required to pass testing for Radiological Worker II and respirator qualification.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• U.S. Citizen
• Minimum of a HS Diploma and 3 years of applied health physics technician experience
• Pass SRS Standardized Radiological Control Core Exam
• Pass testing for Radworker including respirator qualification
• Be able to wear a respirator
• Be physically capable of performing lifting requirements
• Telephone interview to validate resume data and DOE Burden Disclosure Statement
The 40- hour work week schedule will be determined by the assigned facility to accommodate the current demand of work evolutions and shift rotations.
• Candidate must be capable of obtaining a DOE “L” or “Q” clearance as specified by the assigned facility. Therefore, a DOE OBM Burden Disclosure Statement must be submitted and reviewed prior to employment.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
100 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.