Diesel Mechanic (321334) - BHI Energy - Roadtechs.com Nuclear Job Board
Diesel Mechanic (321334)
Posted by: BHI Energy <firstname.lastname@example.org> on November 08, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 28078
DIESEL MECHANICS NEEDED SPRING 2019
BHI is seeking Diesel Generator Mechanics to work during our SPRING 2019 Outage
- Experience in basic mechanical shop skills, bearing maintenance, associated valve maintenance, coupling and internal component alignment, mechanical seals, and basic rigging practices.
- Minimum of five or more years of experience in the field with Diesel Generators and associated equipment/components
- Disassemble, inspect, reassemble, and restore components as defined by station procedure.
- Troubleshoot components to identify real or potential problem areas.
- Identify parts and terminology
- Handle, clean, and properly store parts.
- Remove and install
- Disassemble I reassemble Diesel Generators
- Align and balance Generators as directed by Technical Staff to station specifications.
- Use rigging procedures and equipment.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding, lift a minimum of forty pounds overhead, able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions and confined space.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Fairbanks Morse Emergency Diesel Generators.
- Use and read precision tools such as inside and outside micrometers, dial calipers, depth micrometers, dial indicators, periphery tape measures, and etc.
- Use oxy-acetylene torches machine shop equipment such as grinders, band saw, drill press, etc.
- Read mechanical prints and clearance diagrams
TRAVEL IS A MUST
v We Offer Competitive wages, Per Diem and travel reimbursement.
48 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.