[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 508271
Posted By: Williams Industrial Services
Posted On: 2018-12-09 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Please Click Here to apply
Subject: Mechanical Supervisor
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Williams Industrial Services
Title: Mechanical Supervisor (Nuclear)
Summary: Responsible for supervision of assigned mechanical labor resources on the project or an assigned area of a project under the direction of the superintendent. Accomplish assignments at and in accordance with direction of site manager utilizing knowledge and skills attained through experience in the recognized crafts or trades. Report findings, observations, and problems, make recommendations, and bring other matters of a similar nature for appropriate action. Provide technical guidance and direction; make recommendations for work assignments, and sequence and scheduling of assigned work, according to terms of governing contracts. Responsible for training and development of employees under his/her direction. Ensure that health and safety regulations are observed and adher ed to by all subordinates. Ensure employee is qualified to perform work under his/her direction per site procedures/policies.
* Provide technical direction and manage assigned labor resources that accomplish assigned scope of work of Company contracts and projects. Assume the responsibilities of the Craft Manager in their absence.
* Oversee and monitor schedule performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects; investigate late activities; and assist project supervision in findings and solutions.
* Monitor and evaluate project budget performance, which includes reviewing ongoing and upcoming projects; develop innovative work methods and investigation of over budget items.
* Implement shift turnover, which includes monitoring of work turned over to backshifts, amount and type of work assigned, and quality and quantity of work accomplished.
* Participate in the development of schedule planning and budget during the pre-planning phase.
* Perform personnel activities including the hiring and supervision of labor resources, force reductions, promotions and demotions.
* Coordinate Craft Training - Train employees in the areas of technical knowledge, safety and communication. Ensure that Company policies are adhered to and clearly understood by subordinates.
* Ensure that inter-department relations are maintained in a cooperative manner; ensure that new technical methodologies are investigated in order to improve the Company’s capability and results.
* Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits.
* Be able to work shift work as required.
* Ability to travel.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
* Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards.
* Ability to obtain OSHA 30 Card within 12 months of hire date.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy.
* Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications.
* Make decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate relationship with customer and project profitability
* Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material
* Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish departmental goals
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
* Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
* May work in an office environment and/or on the project site
* Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits
* Ability to travel to job sites
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
* Ability to type on a keyboard
* Ability to converse over a telephone
Education: Associate’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Experience: Three to five years of experience in mechanical supervision construction, design, and/or management of craft labor in a nuclear outage environment is required.
Minimum 3- 5 years of experience as a mechanical supervisor in a nuclear plant outage, outage support, mechanical maintenance shop, or nuclear plant projects is required.
Strong mechanical background is desired. The completion of a union apprenticeship in mechanical maintenance or designation as a certified journeyman pipefitter/boilermaker/millwright is also desired.
Prior Nuclear experience is preferred.
* Must be able to be badged at U.S. commercial nuclear power plants.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
359 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.