[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 510929
Posted By: Edgewater Technical Associatea
Posted On: 2018-12-30 00:04:01
Email Address: 2619-37-MH912@apply.maxhire.net
Subject: [Project Controls] Project Controls Engineer - ACTIVE DOE Q clearance pref
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
Edgewater Technical Associates LLC is seeking qualified candidates for a Project Controls Engineer opportunity for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN for the ETTP Facility.
Active DOE "Q" clearance preferred.
Education: Bachelor degree in engineering, business, science, or any appropriate field
Experience: Three years project controls related experience. Knowledge of project controls principles, good computer and communication skills, and thorough understanding of earned value management techniques. Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelor degree.
Preferred experience with Cobra and P6.
Candidates that have an accounting / cost background will probably be preferred based off current work scope and group composition.
Roles and Responsibilities: Position Responsibilities:
The Functional Project Controls Engineer (PCE) is responsible for project controls implementation in functional baselines.
The PCE receives operational supervision from the assigned Functional Manager and receives technical direction and programmatic guidance from the Manager of Project Controls and his /her Deputy.
Position Duties: General
1. Provide day-to-day project controls support to Functional Managers and their respective teams.
2. Implement functional direction in day-to-day activities.
3. Implement UCOR's Integrated Safety Management System through use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in planning and execution of work.
1. Perform cost engineering, analysis and control activities, schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities.
2. Support functional- l organizational and administrative activities when delegated.
3. Provide guidance to Functional Managers and Functional Team members on Project Controls issues.
4. Prepare monthly job man-hour and cost reports for comparing budget and actual data on functional budgets.
5. Enter the costs and man-hour estimates into the performance monitoring system for functions.
6. Analyze trends and problems in relation to cost and/or schedule data.
7. Prepare cost-trend estimates and assist in the preparation of change orders for functions.
8. Prepare and status functional schedules in Primavera Project Planner.
9. Review and verify schedule status based on functional team and subcontractor input for actual progress.
10. Work with functional team members to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
11. Develop, maintain, and control integrated baselines.
12. Prepare budget request documents to include opening of functional cost codes and providing subcontract accrual data as required.
13. Review time charges against functions and coordinate corrections as necessary.
14. Prepare, analyze, and present cost, estimating, planning, scheduling, and performance information to management.
15. Support management team at meetings, i.e. Functional Performance Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings, and misc. data calls.
16. Support internal, DOE, I.G., and GAO audits as required.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
201 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.