Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Immediate 1 year position available in Columbia, AL.
General Job Functions:
• The Fitness for Duty Collector/Technician is an individual within the Fitness for Duty (FFD) organization that supports the drug and alcohol testing program, performed in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations (10 CFR 26) and FFD procedures.
• This position performs functions related to the drug and alcohol screening process, including (but not limited to) collecting specimens for pre-access, random, follow-up, for-cause and post-event screens, assisting with and/or conducting random and follow-up pool notifications, and appropriately documenting related information.
• This position conducts screenings such as hearing test, pulmonary function tests, lab work, EKG, etc., for mandated physical examinations (e.g., Licensed Operators, Nuclear Security Officers, and respirator) and ensures both medical & FFD supplies are appropriately stocked and ready for use.
• This position also provides initial evaluation and/or treatment, as needed, for both occupational and personal injuries and illnesses and may be requested to take call for off-hours medical or FFD issues/concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs collections for urine drug testing in accordance with regulations and procedures.
• Performs breathalyzer tests in accordance with regulations and procedures.
• Reviews Chain of Custody Forms after collection to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Assists with and/or conducts random and follow-up test in notifications and maintains notification worksheets.
• Ensures and documents the maintenance and calibration of FFD equipment.
• Flies paperwork in accordance with drug screening and procedures.
• Performs screenings for physical examinations (e.g., hearing test, pulmonary function tests, lab work, EKG, etc.)
• Provides initial evaluation/treatment of occupational and personal injuries and illness as needed.
• Takes off-hours call, as requested by the Medical Services Supervisor.
• Maintains strict adherence to Medical & FFD procedures and NRC regulations.
• Maintains strict confidentiality and security of all medical and FFD documentation and files.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Medical Services Supervisor/designee or Management.
Education, Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
• Education Level - Minimum Requirement: Must be an LPN, EMT or Paramedic.
• Years of Experience: 1-3 years medical/FFD or related experience, preferred.
• Professional Qualifications: Ability to be trained as breath alcohol and urine specimen collector; able to take off-hours call.
• Skills and Competencies: Previous medicaVFFD experience, preferred; experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Demonstrated values (trustworthy, reliable, honest, integrity, responsible, accountable, and confidentiality); Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Attention to detail; Motivated and innovative self- starter.
29 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.