Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Long Term Position
Schedule is 5-10's plus 8
Paid holidays and PTO.
Has technical responsibility for interpreting complex requirements, evaluating and applying appropriate safety engineering principles, and formulating scopes of work, plans, and methodologies suitable for achieving and maintaining compliance with safety requirements. Provides technical assistance to other safety professionals assigned to projects and other project functions.
 Maintains relationships with internal organizations (e.g., engineering, construction, and subcontracts), customer, and contractor/subcontractor representatives to coordinate technical/scientific issues, new technologies, and integration of safety functional responsibilities into project proposals, design specifications, construction plans and schedules, and subcontractor bid packages.
 Maintains contact with other safety personnel to keep them informed of changing requirements and to provide technical assistance as needed.
 Maintains contact with customers to exchange information on safety issues, technical advances, and new technologies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Provides technical support to safety studies, health assessment studies, and project risk assessments.
1. Coordinates appropriate consideration of safety requirements with subcontracts, engineering, and construction personnel as assigned.
2. Provides safety technical support and assistance to projects and coordinates safety requirements and formulation of risk reduction measures with project-assigned safety personnel, engineering, construction and onsite HSSE representatives during construction.
3. Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of safety requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
4. Drafts comprehensive plans, project specific risk reduction plans, safety awareness training programs, and technical reports.
5. Provides recommendations and input for revising safety procedures, work processes, and other quality improvement measures.
6. Conducts safety inspections/assessments of project construction activities to monitor compliance with applicable safety and health requirements including contractual commitments, permits, and the projectís HSSE plan.
7. When in supervisory role, implements personnel policies (e.g., conducts employee performance evaluations) and provides technical direction to staff.
 Advanced knowledge in a field of science, process engineering, or related discipline.
 Knowledge of safety procedures, engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
 Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agenciesí processes and responsibilities, industry standards/practices for safety and health compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential safety risks during project execution.
 Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
 Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
 Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety and/or health subcontractors or consultants.
 Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction.
 Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards
 Knowledge Safety organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
 Skilled in oral and written communication.
 Bachelor of Science degree in the sciences, preferred
 Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing safety and health programs, budgets and staff) and field locations (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above.
35 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.