[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 512154
Posted By: Value Added Solutions, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-01-09 10:10:34
Link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Subject: Senior Waste Certification Specialist
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Senior Waste Certification Specialist
DOE “L” Clearance Required
Develop and implement waste handling activities associated with complex waste streams in support to the Savannah River National Laboratory (SRNL). Requires constant communications with facility management and research and development personnel to resolve waste handling issues that may arise daily. Responsible to develop and maintain required plans and reports to meet regulatory requirements. and project teams.
• Provide technical expertise to the laboratory to provide assurance that waste has been properly identified, characterized, segregated, packaged and shipped to the appropriate receiving facility in accordance with the Savannah River Site Waste Acceptance Criteria manual.
• Analyze construction and special project plans for the creation of new waste streams
• Compile and analyze data for required plans and reports
• Direct the development of Waste Certification Program
• Develop and maintain waste certification procedures
• Evaluates tasks for waste reduction opportunities
• Review and provide support for the development of Environmental Evaluation Checklist (EECs)/NEPA evaluations.
• The CTF is responsible for making radiological determinations, characterizing waste, documenting the results, and making periodic validations
• The CTF is responsible for developing sampling plans for various routine facility waste streams and for waste items that fall outside the routine waste streams
• The CTF works with other members of the group (ECA, GCO) to ensure adequate samples are taken for hazardous waste determinations and to ensure the proper sample volumes are obtained to support necessary laboratory analyses requested.
• Resolving discrepancies/concerns pertaining to characterization of waste
• Developing and issuing E7 Manual compliant engineering calculations for radioactive waste characterization (i.e., LLW, TRUW, and radioactive portion of PCB waste, Nano waste, MW, and MTRUW).
• Perform regular facility walk downs and inspections, (1) to ensure all facility and project operations meet current environmental program requirements and, (2) to maintain awareness of facility activities
• Review and approve operating procedures, work packages and assisted hazards analysis (AHA) documents pertaining to equipment/parameters that support environmental programs/requirements.
• Develop sampling and analysis plans as needed for environmental compliance or waste characterization
• Implement wastewater and storm water requirements
• Assist more senior technical professionals in performing related activities or more complex tasks
• Under supervisory direction, incorporates conventional scientific concepts and practices, complicated technical requirements, new or special processes, and difficult coordination or oversight requirements into problem solving and program planning
• Evaluates proposals and makes recommendations based on sound technical and scientific principles and practical considerations
• Interprets and tracks relevant regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and evaluates their potential impact on existing site programs/projects
• Evaluates/monitors existing and proposed state/federal standards and regulations and communicates to management potential or emerging regulatory compliance issues
• BS or BA in Chemical or Environmental Engineering and 12 years of practical experience.
• An associate degree and 15 years of practical experience would be considered equivalent.
• A high school diploma and 18 years of relevant experience would also be considered equivalent.
• B.S. in environmental engineering/science or related field with 5-10 years technical work experience
• OR M.S. in environmental engineering/science or related technical field with 2-4 years technical work experience
• OR Ph.D. in environmental engineering/science or related technical field.
Experience / Skills:
• Applies advanced knowledge of discipline's standard theories, concepts, and principles.
• Possesses specialized knowledge of selected technical and environmental regulatory practices and applications.
• Applies working knowledge of selected federal, state, and local environmental laws, regulations, and standards.
• Experience with the regulatory field implementation such as Hazardous Waste Management. Experience with South Carolina and federal environmental agencies and their regulations is preferred but not required.
• Field experience required.
• Ability to walk down field sites required.
• A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B).
• Shift Rotational work hours (12 hr shifts) may be required.
• Work week excludes WSRC holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch
Area Security Access:
• A minimum of an “L” security clearance is required.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
118 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.