[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 512155
Posted By: Value Added Solutions, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-01-09 10:18:57
Link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Subject: Fire Protection Engineer / Specialist
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Fire Protection Startup Engineer / Specialist
• Provide engineering support to Savannah River Site (SRS) fire protection projects in the acceptance phase prior to commissioning and maintenance following turnover.
• Support miscellaneous fire protection program activities including design reviews, system walk downs, technical guidance and the communication of fire protection system issues to SRNS management.
• Apply technical expertise to ensure NFPA Code, DOE Order/Guide revisions are evaluated for impact to field engineering, procedures, and contractual requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in Fire Protection Engineering and at least 10 years work experience
• OR Associate degree in electronics or electrical technology with at least 15 years related experience
• OR Certified to National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) level IV in Fire Alarms with at least 10 years related experience.
Experience / Skills:
• Candidate must possess a working knowledge of Notifier (NFS2-320, NFS2-640, SFP-10UD0 Simplex (4020, 4100), Silent Knight (4820), Pyrotronics (System 3).
• Candidate must possess a working knowledge of water based and special hazard suppression systems.
• Candidate must possess a working knowledge of NFP A codes and guides and the ability to apply it to designs, installations and testing, emphasizing NFP A 72, 25 and 13.
• Candidate must have the ability to walk down systems in the field.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Previous experience related to fire protection utilizing SRS specific processes, programs, procedures and systems is preferred.
• A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B).
• Shift Rotational work hours (12 hr shifts) may be required.
• Work week excludes WSRC holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch
Area Security Access:
• DOE Security Clearance is not required for this position.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
203 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.