Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 99352
Located in the Tri-Cities, WA, RC Engineering and Construction Management (RCECM) is a dynamic company that provides robust engineering and construction management support services to federal, public works, and environmental industries and clients nationwide. We provide an excellent benefit package and competitive salaries.
Job Description: Nuclear Safety and QA Support
Position is located in Richland, WA. Travel and per diem have not been authorized for this position.
In support of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of River Protection’s Technical and Regulatory Support (DOE-TRS), a full-time nuclear safety expert will strategically manage integration between nuclear safety, engineering, QA between both ORP and BNI to address the specific tasks identified below. Scope may include:
• Perform nuclear safety strategic support for the analysis and response to the BNI Nuclear Safety Request for Equitable Adjustment (REA 2018-008). Task completion will be represented by the DOE issued technical position and disposition of the REA.
• Manage resolution of BNI issues through joint ORP/BNI integration using the tools established by the nuclear safety and QA war rooms, including but not limited to; accelerated response teams, rapid prototyping, and escalation resulting in the completion of the GAO QA report final response.
• Provide strategic solutions to emerging project challenges such as defense in depth, safety SSC procurement, and alignment of QA requirements with nuclear safety, ongoing maturation of interface between Nuclear Safety, QA, Engineering and Operations.
• Work directly with ORP contractors as part of an integrated team to assist ORP contractors in producing QA documents and deliverables.
• BS/BA degree in engineering, science, or business management, or alternatively, an accredited high school certificate plus 8 years of specialized experience in engineering, science, or business management, in addition to the requisite experience. MS/MA or PhD degree in a relevant field is considered to be 2 and 5 years of experience, respectively.
• 14 years of directly applicable experience as a senior executive or consultant interfacing and working with organizational executives and senior management, or senior technical or business individuals, in government or industry on strategic, management, technical, or business issues.
• Professional career that demonstrates a steady progression of promotions and positions assuming greater responsibility.
This job is on a US federal facility site. Candidate must be able to meet requirements for working on a federal facility site without escort and without sponsorship.
RCECM is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
RC Engineering and Construction Management is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer; individuals are considered for employment regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.
33 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.