Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
State: New Mexico
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 88220
TFE, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for the following position:
General Clerk III (Senior Records Clerk)
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Per Diem: No
Duration: Long Term
Clearance: Not required
TFE is seeking an experienced Clerk with strong administrative skills to join our Records team. The ideal candidate will have a customer service focus and good computer skills. TFE is a company that promotes professional development and provides diverse opportunities for career growth. TFE offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, Holidays, a 401k plan with a company match and More! Apply for a job at TFE and take the first step toward an exciting, dynamic career!
Under general supervision, coordinates and maintains Central Characterization Projects (CCP) records as active project files. Provide daily interaction with internal and external customers while performing the daily tasks of receiving, processing, maintaining and retrieving the record files in support of the project according to established procedures.
1. Various software packages including work processing, spreadsheet, and database.
2. Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
3. Techniques for providing a high level of customer service to internal and external customers, in person and over the telephone.
JOB DUTIES AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
This is a position that is responsible for the processing of incoming CCP records. Responsibilities include: receiving, transmitting, quality control checks, sorting, indexing, scanning, and file preparation for maintaining electronic and hardcopy records within the CCP active records system. The individual in this position, is expected to work under general supervision but independently and be fully aware of the procedures and policies required to perform the job functions. This individual relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
1. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
2. Receives in records – via transmittals or direct transfer from project personnel.
3. Sorts, classifies and codes material for processing into the active records system.
4. Performs scanning and faxing of records, as required.
5. Performs data entry into records index and project tracking system.
6. Performs digitization of audio video media.
7. Transmits records, when required.
8. Performs preparation of files to be maintained in the active records system.
9. Files various records media into active records system.
10. Performs file maintenance, as needed.
11. Performs retrievals from active records system, as required.
12. Participates in audits, surveillances, assessments, and inspections, as needed.
13. Indexes records for shipment to appropriate CCP generator sites or the WIPP Records Archive.
14. Interfaces with internal and external customers.
15. Ensures safe work conditions are maintained by following all safety rules, by participating in periodic facility safety inspections, and immediately reporting any unsafe conditions whenever they are found.
16. Perform work with accuracy, speed, with general supervision.
17. Resolve routine questions and problems while referring more complex questions to higher levels.
18. Lift, carry, push pull or otherwise move objects up to 40 lbs.
• Out of town travel for this position may be required on an as needed basis pertaining to company business or required training.
• Local travel may be required on a regular basis. In town destinations may include but not be limited to: WRA (WIPP Records Archives located next to Sutherland’s building on South Canal St., Cascades Building (located next the Pecos River on Park Drive), The WIPP site located 33 miles southeast of Carlsbad.
HOURS / LOCATION
• Working hours for this position is 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Thursday and 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Fridays with every other Friday off (9/80 schedule).
• Work location is the Skeen/Whitlock Building located at 4021 National Parks Hwy. Carlsbad, New Mexico.
This job description is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Company.
TFE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
18 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.