[CAD Designer] Wisconsin based NRC Approved Construction Project - CAD/BIM Designer
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SHINE is immediately seeking several DIRECT HIRE CAD & BIM Designers with well-rounded backgrounds who have a proven capability to learn quickly and remain versatile.
These positions focus on integrating plant systems including process systems, HVAC, Fire Protection, civil/structural systems, cooling systems, electrical distribution, architectural features, etc. into a single plant model. The integrated model will be used for the coordination of design and construction activities including interference identification and used to generate renderings and other aids.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modeling integration including component drawings, facility plans (mechanical, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, etc.), and general details from a variety of vendors and CAD/BIM software into an integrated model.
- Actively working across the engineering organization and with vendors to identify and resolve design conflicts and update the integrated model accordingly.
- Designing systems to ensure the safe, efficient, and effective operation of the facility, equipment, and controls required for the production and processing of medical isotopes and fissile solutions.
- Familiarity with a variety of CAD and BIM platforms.
- Detail oriented with the ability to provide design recommendations to other designers and engineers.
- Experience with the design of systems from the ground up, including responsibility for basic design considerations.
- Associate degree in engineering or a related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of recent designer experience or a Bachelorís degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline and a minimum of 2 years recent designer experience.
- Experience in the nuclear industry (NRC), medical industry (FDA), or other highly regulated industry is desired.
- Hands on experience or construction oversight in the associated fields is a plus.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicantís ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations. Additionally, applicantís eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
To learn more about SHINE view our corporate video here: https://shinemed.com/medical-isotope-producer/#single/0
Check out the video on the Janesville, Wisconsin area here: https://player.vimeo.com/video/161628827
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.