[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 517330
Posted By: Value Added Solutions, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-03-06 07:08:59
Link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Subject: Cloud Architect
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
• MSA requires a Subcontractor to provide a staff augmentation Cloud Architect that will be responsible for architecture, planning, communicating, and providing technical oversight of IT (Information Technology) cloud services, servers, storage, desktop computing, operating systems, identity management, virtualization and more.
• In support of MSA's role as a site integrator, the candidate's responsibility is to research, develop, implement and maintain the architecture baseline of cloud computing services to enhance provisioning of cost effective and secure MSA information management services
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
• Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support and deploy Cloud computing services, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) deployments
• Collaborate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the Cloud
• Implement cloud automation solutions such as Azure DevOps, Chef, Jenkins, Cloud Formation, or Terraform
• Design, implement, and maintain server and storage infrastructure in a hybrid environment
• Install, configure, and maintain server environment systems, application software and resolve challenges associated with those environments
• Assess customer requirements and design cost-effective technical solutions, leveraging best practices and best-of-breed technologies
• Collaborate and support the overall technical direction of Hanford data centers, server and desktop technologies, mobility, storage, identity management, cloud integration to effectively meet the mission needs, and align with the overall IM strategic plan
• Assist in enterprise information technology project development, research, strategies, long-term vision, and planning
• Conduct evaluation and testing of technology innovations to improve current or recommend new IT product and services
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert to assess, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues in a priority manner
• Serve as a key Technical Architect in planning and executing work scope associated with computing and data center infrastructure capacity planning and forecasting, disaster recovery and continuity of operations, data center consolidation, virtualization architecture, enterprise server and storage, desktop enterprise application upgrades, enterprise mobility expansion, cloud computing and more
• Develop and maintain a positive and effective relationship with peers, staff supporting Information Management subcontractors and customer base. This includes communicating effectively, oral and written. Exercise sound judgment and discretion as well as working well under pressure on short turnaround assignments
• Assist with management and oversight of desktop and infrastructure enterprise tools for performance monitoring, tuning, alerting, security, capacity planning, high availability, etc.
• Communicate and present technical information, products or services clearly and effectively to varying audiences
• Assist in administering and ensuring technical security compliance with the site security plan and cyber security initiatives such as NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4 and other NIST special publications applicable to government systems.
• Perform work safely and in compliance with environmental obligations using the core functions and elements of the Integrated Safety Management System and Environmental Management System
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field plus 8 years of Information Technology related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong understanding of Cloud technology with a broad understanding of hybrid infrastructure and AWS(Amazon Web Services)/Azure ecosystem technologies.
• Experience in the design of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures; AWS/Azure and VMware design, build and/or operational experience.
• 5 years enterprise system support experience.
• In depth knowledge and experience with enterprise scale Windows technologies such as Server platforms, Desktop platforms, Active Directory, and Virtualization.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person. Strong technical leadership skills.
• Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• AWS Certification, Azure Certification or equivalent experience preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft scripting technologies
SECURITY AND BADGING REQUIREMENTS:
A. For any on-site work, see On-Site Services Special Provisions for details.
B. The subcontractor shall wear a Buyer issued security badge identifying themselves. A minimum of two working days advance notice is needed for site badging.
C. Subcontractor employees will be required to submit to vehicle searches and not personally carry or transport certain prohibited articles.
D. If the Subcontractor under this scope of work will be required an access authorization (security clearance), then the following will apply. Will not require security clearance
WORK LOCATION / POTENTIAL ACCESS REQUIREMENTS:
• 2261 Stevens Drive, Richland, WA 99354
SITE ACCESS AND WORK HOURS:
• Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
• Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
102 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.