[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 517453
Posted By: Value Added Solutions, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-03-07 07:37:32
Link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Subject: 3D-PDS Plant Designer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
3D PDS Plant Designer
• Provide 3D-PDS Plant Designer staff augmentation support to SRNS.
• Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, 3D Modeling using Plant Design System (PDS) “Piping and Equipment” software, design development, and generation of design output documents.
• Prepare, review and approve design change forms, disposition nonconformance reports, review vendor documents and incorporate into 3D models, and resolve construction issues.
• Design services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures.
• Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS
• Associate degree in a technical discipline and at least 10 - 12 years of work experience or 12 - 16 years of practical work experience.
• Formal training in Computer Aided Design or 3D modeling is preferred.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• Candidate must demonstrate 10 years of experience as a Plant Designer in nuclear or process chemical industry, with a minimum of 5 years of experience working at one or more DOE facilities and a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a nuclear industry/facility.
• Candidate must demonstrate experience with site layouts, piping layouts, electrical commodity details, HVAC duct and equipment layouts, material handling, and vendor document reviews.
• Significant experience using PDS “Piping and Equipment” software is required. Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of National Codes and Standards for design such as ASME B31.3 and NFPA 101.
• Candidate must have the ability to walk down systems in the field.
• Previous SRS design experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience using PDS “Piping and Equipment” software with experience in modeling, layouts, resolving clashes, cutting drawings, dimensioning, and interfacing with engineering for design resolution.
• One or more of the following experiences (marked with **) must be demonstrated:
• Ability to perform field walk-downs
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse teams to deliver results.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clear, concise, and accurate reports, evaluations, documents, procedures, reviews, comment resolutions, email, and oral presentations.
• Demonstrate ability to mentor junior team members and develop their design knowledge.
• Demonstrate the ability to produce quality documents with attention to detail and meeting management defined expectations.
• Demonstrate the ability to coordinate, interface, and communicate with management, engineering, facility, operations, quality assurance, and test personnel.
• Demonstrate experience creating and revising models for site layouts, piping layouts, and electrical commodity details
• Demonstrate experience creating and revising models for Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and supporting drawings.
• Demonstrate experience reviewing vendor drawings/documents to update the model and validate equipment is accurately captured.
• Demonstrate experience with Material Handling Design including creating and revising models based on design requirements and calculations. Specifically note any experience with gloveboxes.
• Demonstrate experience creating and revising documents for Pipe and Valve Specifications including component modeling, vendor design documents, design of the connections to install the equipment
• Demonstrate experience with HVAC design including equipment modeling, duct layout, drawing cuts, construction support, and experience with supporting groups (I&C, structural, electrical, etc.) to finalize the design.
• Demonstrate experience with National Codes and Standards including ASME B31.3 and NFPA 101 as they apply to piping/component layout, evaluation of existing systems, supporting requirements, documenting design solutions with code references, and experience resolving conflicting code interpretations.
• A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B).
• Workweek excludes SRNS holidays.
• SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs.
• Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch
• Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.
• An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties.
• After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments.
• Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
107 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.