[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 517762
Posted By: System One
Posted On: 2019-04-07 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [Welding Engineer] Welding Engineer - Fabrication (Perm)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Newport News
Country: United States
System One is looking for an experienced Welding Engineer for a fabrication for a direct hire/perm position in Newport News, VA.
Summary of Position
The ideal candidate will provide innovative, technically significant and economically important material and welding solutions I support of Marketing, Design and Manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will play a major role with a fast growing premier fabricator.
* Optimize existing WPS’s and PQR’s
* Develop and execute an overall welding strategy for plant welding processes, equipment and applications
* Identify, evaluate and resolve custom alloy welding and manufacturing problems as they relate to nontraditional repair and fabrication work
* Proactively seek and accept responsibility for solving new and difficult materials welding and manufacturing engineering challenges, while appropriately assessing and managing risks
* Communicate technical concepts effectively to welding, engineering, management and the customer
* Provide weld related technical support to a skilled labor force and manufacturing support personnel
* Specify weld coupon test requirements and acceptance criteria IAW the applicable code
* Identify new and/or improved welding processes/techniques for continuous improvement
* Provide support in weld process troubleshooting
* Perform field surveys to ensure customer specification and code compliance
* A B.S. Degree in Weld Engineering, Metallurgical or Materials Science from an ABET accredited institution with a minimum of seven years of related experience is preferred. Equivalent experience or graduate degree will be considered.
* Must be familiar with ANSI/AWS A2.4-79 weld symbology
* Must be able to read engineering and fabrication drawings and develop weld maps as applicable
* Be knowledgeable of Codes ASME Section III & IX AWS D1.1, D1.2 & D1.6
* Have experience in working with carbon, low, high alloy and stainless steels, nickel and copper based alloys, and dissimilar metal welding
* Be proficient with MS Office
* Must be capable of lifting 25#, be able to climb ladders and navigate stairs and walkways - working in an office (75%), shop or industrial environment (25%)
* Must be able to pass a background check
VA PE License a plus
CWI Certification a plus
Any NDE Certification a plus
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
148 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.