[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 518277
Posted By: Allied Technical Resources, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-03-24 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Motor Design Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Duration - one year with option to extend
Local Candidates preferred - per diem offered at $100/day based on seven days
Work as part of our team to design electromechanical products to specification, engineering principles, and pertinent company and industrial standards. Designs will include new highly complex, advanced mechanical and electrical designs.
• Design products to meet specifications and other standards while maintaining practical manufacturing constraints
• Plan, schedule and coordinate detailed phases of engineering design
• Provide detailed information for estimation
• Initiate new product descriptions and drawings with drafting department; review and approve associated engineering drawings
• Formulate any special test procedures which may be required
• Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering during product design to develop assembly methods; assist with Tool Design as needed
• Support manufacturing in sustaining existing product as needed
• Initiate or review engineering change requests and deviations as to their effect on form, fit, and function of the product
• Comply with all applicable Engineering ISO procedures and instructions
• Work with mechanical engineers to optimize efficiency, power and mass
• Perform numerical simulations of electric machine performance and compare to experiment
• Measure and analyze electrical, mechanical and thermal performance of electric motors and aid in the design of new test equipment
• At least a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (MS or Ph.D. preferred)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Solid electrical and mechanical aptitude
• Strong knowledge of electromagnetic physics and its applications
• Intensive experience in Electric Motors design tools such as Maxwell, JMAC, MotorCAD, and other FEA and simulation tools
• Extensive knowledge in performing electromagnetic, mechanical, thermal, and NVH simulations and analyses
• 3+ years of experience (academic or professional) in electric machine modeling, design, analysis and control
• Commercially available motor design programs
• SolidWorks CAD platform
• LabView or similar laboratory software
• Working in a manufacturing environment
• Laboratory testing processes and instrumentation from both a theoretical and an application approach
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
48 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.