[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 522939
Posted By: Entergy
Posted On: 2019-05-26 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Engineer, Sr Staff (Nuc)
Subject: [Electronics Engineer] Engineer, Sr Staff (Nuc)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 39213
Corporate Functional Area Staff – Governance & Oversight Design Engineering. The engineering corporate governance and oversight organization is responsible for maintaining the programs and processes that focus fleet engineering resources on continually improving fundamental behaviors, promoting a healthy technical conscience, recognizing strengths that can be leveraged within Entergy and ensuring cross functional alignment to drive sustainable performance.
• Provide subject matter expertise within their functional areas and works across the Fleet to improve performance.
• Implements daily governance and oversight activities for the Design Engineering Organization for both Corporate Centralized Design and Site Design Engineering
• Maintains accountability for 2-3 sites within their area of expertise to identify trends, understand organizational challenges, capable of identifying drivers of performance, and able to develop recommended action plans to correct issues prior to the plant being impacted.
• Perform comprehensive assessment activities and leads focused assessments by preparing, executing, and providing insights that address standards deficiencies, improve engineering fundamental behaviors, promote a healthy technical conscience, recognize strengths that can be leveraged across the fleet, and ensure cross functional alignment in equipment reliability.
• Review site performance metrics, condition report data analytics, and both external and internal trends as part of site assessment preparations to identify focus areas. Develops comprehensive and focused assessment reports, inputs to Performance Improvement Summary Report, and functional area scorecards.
• Maintains performance monthly/quarterly metric data and associated analysis to identify trends to prevent a decline in performance. Supports management review meetings.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to the sites and peers to ensure the rigorous implementation of engineering processes, site reinforcement of fundamental behaviors, support of a healthy technical conscience, and risk recognition to prevent consequential failures
• Engage with the industry to leverage both internal and external operating experience as it applies to the Fleet. Identifies trends and informs the CFAMs of recommendations where industry experience will improve Fleet performance.
• Participates in the engineering peer team calls when requested to improve alignment across the Fleet, share learnings from recent events, and solicit expertise across the Fleet to streamline process and/or resolve equipment challenges.
• Expected travel to sites is 30% for assessments and support.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. Degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or other closely related scientific discipline/physical science generally associated with power plant operations or equivalent work experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer/technical specialist level.)
Minimum experience required of the position
Engineer Sr Staff- 5 - 7 years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Good to excellent communication skills. Experience / proficiency in PC use and applications, depending upon engineering level.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Desired: SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR; Professional Engineering license.
Desire industry experience in design, process, projects or quality Engineering
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function: Engineering
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 86177
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
46 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.