[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 523210
Posted By: SHINE Medical Technologies
Posted On: 2019-08-18 00:04:01
Link: Click Here to Apply
Subject: [Experimental Physicist] Wisconsin based NRC Approved Construction Project - Experimental Physicist
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 53545
SHINE Medical Technologies is immediately seeking a DIRECT HIRE R&D scientist to contribute to the development of a prototype mass spectrometry system for radioisotopes.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience or education in the design and operation of linear electrostatic particle accelerators, mass spectrometers, plasma ion sources, and research and test nuclear reactors.
Successful candidates should have demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Plasma Modeling and Simulation
- Electrostatic and Magnetic Field Simulation
- Ion Transport and Particle Kinetics
- Mass Spectrometry
- PhD in Plasma Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Materials Science or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience in plasma modeling (fluid/kinetic) and simulation as well as ion transport tools (SIMION, COMSOL, GEANT4, MCNPX)
- Demonstrated experience in experimental accelerator physics, including diagnostics and design, execution and analysis of experiments.
- Working knowledge of physics related to particle transport in plasmas, electrostatic and magnetic fields and application of ion transport models.
- Experience in programming to develop custom data handling, data analysis and simulation routines (C/C++ or Python.
- Experience in planning, constructing, and executing complex laboratory experiments.
- Knowledge in the Theory and Design of Mass Spectrometers, Plasma Ion Sources, or Superconducting Magnets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively on diverse interdisciplinary teams.
- Advanced analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems and make decisions.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen or National, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee, or Refugee). Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
To learn more about SHINE view our corporate video here: https://shinemed.com/medical-isotope-producer/#single/0
Check out the video on the Janesville, Wisconsin area here: https://player.vimeo.com/video/161628827
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
3 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.