[Superintendent] Construction Superintendent
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Construction Superintendent to support projects in the Knoxville, TN area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Contribute to preconstruction planning and design process by attending planning meetings and participating in value engineering events, design reviews, schedule and estimate reviews .
• Onsite direction and supervision of site activities during construction execution of the project interim and final design.
• Determine appropriate method of construction, sequencing, work force levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary facilities and controls.
• Define and initiate ordering of needed resources through the North Wind procurement and contracts group
• Responsible for jobsite safety compliance in close coordination with the Site Health & Safety officer.
• Prepare daily reports for team distribution.
• Advise project team of potential problems, work interference, or schedule delays. Engage with the management team to resolve the problem as appropriate.
• Attend periodic project and customer meetings to report progress and discuss issues.
• Track and provide data for project performance metrics.
• Ensure project quality according to design specifications.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. Degree in Construction Management or related discipline preferred
• Thorough knowledge of construction means and methods used for heavy civil / horizontal construction. Specifically knowledge of site grading, utilities and telecommunication, roadways, concrete and paving, pedestrian walkways, storm water controls, traffic control, parking lots, landscaping, commissioning, and facility turn-over.
• Experience in a federal Government facility work environment (DOE, DOD or other federal agency).
• Experience with Construction Management at Risk (CMAR) or Construction Management/ General Contracting (CM/GC) method is preferred.
• Strong background in operations to include work control, ES&H, and Quality.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated ability to execute difficult and complex projects and to take collective action, direct work, and manage conflict.
• Strong onsite leadership and supervisory skills to include coordination, scheduling, and management of multiple subcontractors and suppliers.
• Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must
• Ability to select best construction means and methods for accomplishing the work.
• Skilled in PC usage and associated software including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.