[Mechanical Engineer] MECHANICAL ENGINEER
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off. Qualified candidates only please submit your resume. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED. NO PER DIEM OR RELOCATION OFFERED AT THIS TIME.
The charter of the T Plant Facilities are to provide waste storage with limited treatment for the Waste and Fuels Management Project. T Plant personnel perform all necessary facility/project operations and are responsible for work assignment, regulatory compliance, safety, training, radiological control, maintenance, Quality Assurance (QA), process engineering, configuration control, and subcontractor activities within these areas.
Engineering and Technical Support provides W&FMP with engineering and technical oversight and support. Responsible for evaluating facility and equipment performance, troubleshooting operational anomalies, and assessing plant conditions and events. Ensures engineered systems incorporate appropriate controls and systems for safe and compliant operation. Provides facility Nuclear and Criticality Safety function and manages implementation of USQ program for facility line management. Provides timely technical support for emergency preparedness, readiness review, and technical response team support.
Qualify and perform as a Design Authority on T Plant Mechanical HVAC systems. Provide the facilities with engineering support to maintain and upgrade plant support equipment. Provide support for the other engineering disciplines. Perform design reviews as required for the project.
Provide general Mechanical Engineering services to W&FMP Engineering supported facilities.
Become the technical authority for the systems, responsible for all technical aspects of maintenance and operations.
- Perform system walk-downs, document deficiencies, prepare technical resolutions and drive repairs.
- Maintain configuration management of the systems.
- Ensure regulatory, code and safety basis compliance.
- Prepare and maintain operating and maintenance procedures and data sheets.
- Prepare design changes for system improvements.
- Procure replacement and spare parts within the quality program.
- Support plant project upgrade work.
- Become knowledgeable of the facilities safety basis and upgrade to USQ screener if required.
- Provide technical direction to Facility Operations and Maintenance organizations for performance of operating procedures and maintenance and surveillance activities.
- Daily interface with Management, Project organization, Operations, Work Planning, Radiation Control, Nuclear Safety, Maintenance and bargaining unit personnel to support project goals and objectives by providing timely and sound technical direction.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 10 years related experience
• Experience in HVAC systems and AG-1 requirements
• Experience in Nuclear NQA-1 quality requirements (QL2 Procurements)
• Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills
• Competent using standard MS Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Security Clearance Required: No
Testing Designated Position: No
Commercial Driver Lic: No
Nuclear Facility Position: No
Occupational Medical Screening: No
EJTA: There are no pre-hire medical programs for this position.
PREFERRED METHOD OF APPLICATION IS THROUGH OUR ONLINE JOB SYSTEM. If you need accommodation or alternate method of resume submittal, please contact Cindy Wilson at (803) 642-5990.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer, F/M/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.