[Auditor] Quality and Performance Assurance Specialist
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Quality & Performance Assurance Specialist opportunity for our customer in Los Alamos, New Mexico for the LANL Facility
Participates in the development, implementation, & evaluation of processes, procedures & applications contributing to the overall objectives of maintaining an effective quality and performance assurance program, including: assessment/audit/evaluation preparation and conduct, as well as quality and performance assurance program maintenance and enhancement.
Has wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts & Laboratory objectives to resolve complex issues in creative & effective ways. Considered expert in field within the organization. Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity & where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in the inability to reach crucial organizational objectives & may have a prolonged effect, as well as result in the expenditure of substantial resources. Work is accomplished with minimal direction. May coordinate activities of other personnel. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment, & determines the methods & procedures needed for new assignments.
Represent IQPA at programmatic meetings and assist as the lead and/or participate in any special projects required by LANL management.
1. Understands & adheres to laboratory & industry regulatory guidance & governance specific to quality and performance assurance.
2. Ensures quality and performance assurance results, processes & final products meet quality specifications & are completed according to established requirements
3. Fosters a mutually respectful work environment that is free from discrimination & harassment
4. Leads other quality engineers & technical specialists in the planning, conduct, & reporting of vendor & internal independent assessments, surveillances, & audits, including the development of audit/assessment checklists
5. Provides oversight of division or directorate level quality assurance plans; assessment support to line managers; audit, assessment, & surveillance scheduling & coordination; pre-evaluation; notification; reporting; corrective action; & documentation
6. Interprets quality assurance (QA) policy & procedures at the division or directorate level
7. Follows up on actions taken in response to audit findings to assure adequacy of completed corrective actions, providing recommendations based on defined philosophies
8. Assists Laboratory personnel with the implementation & understanding of QA and PA policies, plans, & procedures, providing Laboratory management with recommendations & advice
9. Ensures the preparation, review, receipt, indexing, classifying, & transmitting of administrative of PA & QA records
10. May develop & implement institutional level QA and/or PA training
11. May utilize lean six sigma yellow belt techniques to execute the assessment process to include mapping the process & managing data collection systems
12. Plans & conducts surveillance, assessment, and evaluation activities
As applicable for the position & nature of area of focus, the candidate should have:
ĽAdvanced knowledge of & experience with quality assurance activities including, but not necessarily limited to, system &/or performance audits, recommending & implementing corrective actions, providing thorough & accurate documentation of technical &/or statistical reports, & ensuring quality and performance assurance program implementation
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.