[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Note: No PD/Travel authorized for this position. Would entertain "all-in" rate for out-of-area candidates.
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Fire Protection Engineer with the following qualifications:
* Provide technical reviews of facility changes including fire hazards analysis and fire sprinkler and fire alarm system designs.
* Assist individual projects with development and identification of fire
protection related requirements and criteria.
* Participate in fire investigations (both Wildland and Structural).
* Perform periodic facility fire protection assessments.
* Review and approve project documentation, including approval of design,
equipment, materials, and operating procedures related to fire protection.
* Assist Engineering Group in the preparation and/or peer checking of fire protection related Facility Modification Package (FMP) design drawings and documentation.
* Interface with building and contractor FPEs and perform routine interpretation of fire protection related Codes and Standards with the follow-on approval of the Hanford Fire Marshal.
* Support other Engineering tasks such as generation, review, and approval of various studies and technical documents related to Hanford Site fire protection systems and planned system upgrades.
The following types of training qualifications are required:
* Be knowledgeable in the consistent application of DOE Fire Protection Program criteria with DOE nuclear and industrial safety requirements.
* Greater than 10 years of DOE experience involving FHA development and/or FHA reviews.
* NICET Level IV for water-based suppression systems and/or fire alarm systems.
* Be experienced in the design, installation and testing of fire protection systems in accordance with NFPA Codes and Standards and DOE Fire Protection Program requirements.
Estimated duration: Through 9/30/2019 with possible extension.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.