[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 528586
Posted By: Allied Technical Resources, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-07-14 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: Milestone Member Manager
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
. Desired Qualifications: The Milestone Focus Team Member / Milestone Manager is a key member of the field construction management team who is dedicated to ensuring project success in achieving project performance objectives plus on-schedule and budget major milestone accomplishment. Milestone Focus Team members interact frequently and directly with the site construction contractors at the Area Manager / General Superintendent / Superintendent levels in order to help those construction leaders succeed. The MFT also interacts directly with the system completions team to help ensure success in turning systems over to the site testing team. The MFT members have a high level of initiative and are typically assigned to small teams that support site and nuclear construction accomplishment on both units to include back shift.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
• Thorough understanding of construction management and project management.
• Thorough knowledge of construction scheduling, document control, and records requirement.
• Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining solutions with appropriate paths forward in a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear, concise and impactful reports.
• Knowledge of construction practices, construction field management, Field Engineering, construction scheduling and Area Manager Responsibilities.
• Strong Familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
• Experience with Nuclear or other major construction including Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Welding, HVAC, Fire Protection, Instrumentation and Control.
• Experience with system and/or component functional testing and turnover to commissioning.
• Project Management Professional training and certifications are a plus
Education and Experience: Position typically requires a recognized degree in engineering, or construction, or specialized courses in project management and a minimum of eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Develop a strong team relationship with contractor field leadership and management for assigned scopes of work in order to help the project succeed.
• Relentlessly pursue successful achievement of assigned major milestones
• Understand the construction end-state, construction completion sequence options, and construction schedule by specified area, commodity, system and milestone.
• Identify, pursue and take advantage of opportunities to improve construction and project performance.
• Help manage value and seek to optimize the balance between cost and schedule performance.
• Provide leadership in helping get problems solved and establishing priorities for construction.
• Deliver insights to constituents and executives regarding contractor performance and project performance to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with project objectives, contract documents, and regulatory requirements.
• Communicate facts, required actions, trends, recommendations, questions and advice to constituents to inform and influence project decision-makers and help establish priorities for the project.
• Record and document areas where contractors are not meeting performance requirements in order to identify opportunities for cost recovery from errors, performance gaps and inefficiencies.
• Help optimize contractor resource allocation.
• Analyze project information in order to inform and influence project leaders and project outcomes.
o Define problems
o Determine significance
o Determine urgency
o Determine risks
o Offer solutions and coordinate efforts to achieve successful outcomes
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
103 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.