[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 533022
Posted By: United Global Technologies
Posted On: 2019-08-13 13:47:40
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [QA/QC Manager] Quality Assurance Engineer/Quality Assurance (No expenses paid) can do per diem split
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: West Valley
State: New York
Country: United States
A Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) engineer is needed at the West Valley Demonstration Project (WVDP). Responsibilities for the QA/QC engineer include, but are not limited to the following Responsibilities include: 1) Function as a QA/QC Engineer Low Level Waste (LLW) and Mixed Low Level Waste (MLLW) for shipments to offsite disposal sites, including the NNSS (Nevada), 2) Serve as the Waste Certification Official (WCO)/ Alternate Waste Certification Official (AWCO) for Nevada waste shipments, 3) Implementation of WVDP-111, WVDP Quality Assurance Program requirements for self-assessments and internal and external assessments and audits (e.g.; EMS, HLW) of internal and external organizations. The QA/QC Engineer provides critical services to the Safeguards and Security (S&S) organization for their internal assessments, audits, development of corrective action plans for internal and external reviews, and verification of corrective actions. 4) Review of procurement and software requests, and work control documents (e.g.; WIPs, IWPs).
QA/QC Engineer Duties and Responsibilities are as noted in Attachment 1.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in implementing QA /QC principles with auditor qualification.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a DOE facility.
Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in environmental regulations or closely related field.
Knowledge of regulatory agencies, laws, and compliance documents (i.e. DOE, ELAP, EPA & DEC).
Knowledge of hazardous waste safety requirements.
Knowledge of Safeguards & Security Programs
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with DOT and NNSA Waste Acceptance Criteria critera and shipping regulations.
Demonstrable practical working knowledge of waste management and quality assurance principles.
Experience in supporting day-to day activities in a changing environment relative to safety and production goals.
Experience in Software Quality Assurance and Data Quality Objectives.
Experience working in radiological environment.
Experience in performing internal and external audits to NQA-1 standards and oversight of TSDFs and transportation vendors.
Experience in auditing offsite laboratory services.
Experience in developing, closing, verifying and validating corrective actions
Lead Auditor and Auditor training (NQA-1 preferred)
Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) training.
Indoctrination and Training specific to Quality Assurance.
Indoctrination and Training specific to Waste Certification.
Advanced Mixed Waste Shipper Certification Training
Radiological Worker II
DOT Hazardous Waste Certification.
DOT Radioactive Waste Certification.
Lead Auditor Certification.
Bachelor Degree in scientific or engineering discipline (combination of education and experience may be considered equivalent) is required.
*The training listed above is required within 90 days after award of contract.
Attachment 1: QA Engineer/Specialist Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve Waste Certification Official (WCO) and/or Alternate WCO (AWCO) - Lead the performance of external and internal assessments, self-assessments, perform NNSS waste profile reviews, establish and maintain implementation cross walk ensuring NNSS Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC ) changes are implemented into the CHBWV program..
2. WCO/AWCO Coordinate with Waste Planning and Disposition Engineering in the planning, oversight and assessment of waste management activities of WVDP projects to ensure waste meets all regulations and NNSS WAC.
3. WCO/AWCO Provide support as necessary in the maintenance and retrieval of waste generation and shipment documentation. Coordination as necessary with project engineers/shippers and Decontamination & Decommissioning (D&D) engineering to data calls and other requests relating to Legacy Waste.
4. WCO/AWCO - Review procedural revisions for waste management policies, procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure compliance with applicable waste certification and shipment regulations.
5. Serve as Software Quality Assurance Administrator for the oversight of the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Program.
6. Provide QA oversight for DOT regulated shipments for offsite disposal facilities (non-NNSS shipments).
7. Provide QA oversight and audit support of subcontracted laboratories to ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. NELAC, ELAP, and DOELAP).
8. Provide QA support and oversight of contracted TSDF's and Transportation vendors.
9. Provide QA review and approval support of purchase requisitions for goods, materials and service contracts, work instructions/packaging, drawings, and sketches.
10. Perform QA vendor pre and post-award surveys, assessment, and audits per CHBWV QA Program.
11. Provide QA review, approval, and audit support the Environmental Management System.
12. Provide QA support the Radiological Control Department, including dosimetry, by reviewing procedural revisions for RC policies, procedures and SOPs.
13. Provide QA review, approval, and audit support of Sampling Analysis Plans (SAPs) and Data Quality Objectives (DQOs).
14. Provide QA support by the review, comment resolution and approval site procedures (new and revisions) against QA requirements as applicable.
15. Provide QA support to Safeguards and Security (S&S) Department, including Emergency Management, by assessing and reviewing procedural revisions for policies, procedures and SOPs.
16. Provide QA support to the S&S Department in the resolution and closure of internal and external assessments and audits.
17. Other duties as directed by the Performance Assurance Manager.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
190 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.