[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
About the Job
Lead specialty field testing projects/campaigns for Medium Voltage (MV) and Low Voltage (LV) assets in generation plants, utility distribution, and industrial environments. The primarily role is advanced diagnostics of underground distribution class cables, secondary role in advanced diagnostics of medium voltage switchgear and transformers. Testing of critical low voltage (600V) cables may also be required at times.
The bulk of the duties will involve the application of advanced condition assessment of aged cable systems and commissioning testing via a combination of the following techniques
• Power Frequency and non-power frequency applied voltages.
• Distributed sensor, multi-instrument Partial Discharge detection, discrimination, localization and condition assessment.
• Dielectric Loss / VLF Tan Delta
• Dielectric Spectroscopy (Frequency Domain or Time Domain)
• Time Domain Reflectometry
• Frequency Domain Reflectometry / Line Impedance Resonance AnalysisTM
• Metallic Resistance Measurements
• DC Insulation Resistance Measurement
The majority of this work is conducted at client sites, therefore significant travel is required.
• B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering/Physics or equivalent. Electrical engineering preferred
• At least five years of experience in electrical engineering or maintenance of large electrical equipment.
• At least five years of experience in transmission and distribution industry.
• At least three years of experience in electrical equipment testing, preferably insulation diagnostics.
• At least three years of experience in hands on related field work.
• Electrical design problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
• Hands-on skills, such as soldering electronic and small mechanical equipment repair, for example as may be required for on-site trouble-shooting/repair activities.
• Ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines for multiple projects in parallel
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Project team/collaboration skills
• Self-manage and ability to operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision
• Intermediate level skills in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint/Ability to use computer-based tools for reports, email and for general communication
• Ability to cope with physical demands of the job including working at heights or confined spaces as needed.
• Availability for assignments with short notice and travel throughout North America including ability to stay on assignment for up to 3 weeks at a time.
• Permanent authorization to work in the U.S., without current or future need for sponsorship
• Position is subject to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing for certain assignments.
Kinectrics AES, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurances, generous PTO and a 5% match on our 401k plan.
Kinectrics AES is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.