[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
About the Job
As a key member of the Electrical I&C Engineering Team you will provide supervision and leadership to staff involved in electrical engineering and instrumentation/control design work for nuclear power plant generation facilities.
• Supervises small groups of engineers at various levels of expertise.
• Directs/coordinates work of assigned staff.
• Monitors and evaluates staff performance.
• Recommends training and development for junior staff.
• Establishes scope of work for project or proposal, allocates and directs staff as a lead for the project.
• Advises on the development of new engineering methods and participates in short and long-range planning.
• Provides technical leadership to teams of professional and non-professional staff.
• Supervises complex engineering tasks related to a portion of a major project.
• Engages customer in detailed technical discussions regarding ID and acquisition of design inputs, task scopes and methodology / approach.
• Can effectively discuss project results with customer and potential subsequent additions to contract to support applicable scope adders.
• Able to provide detailed technical guidance and direction for lower level Engineers
• Breaks down complex problems to provide a solution and define appropriate deliverables need to resolve the issue.
• Demonstrates ability to perform review of complex calculations, design deliverables.
• Exercises mature business judgement in devising practical, economical solutions.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of staff within the organization and client base.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or associated field.
• 10+ years of progressively responsible commercial nuclear experience in electrical or I&C design, analysis, or engineering.
• Prior experience in consulting engineering environment is highly desirable.
• Multidiscipline knowledge as well as quality management principles and practices required.
• Professional Engineering License required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have a sense of urgency about getting results and consistently produces high quality work.
• Must be an effective communicator and be comfortable in dealing with people at all levels.
• Must show confidence in making technical and business decisions.
• Strong computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, CAD Software, and Electrical System Design software.
• Occasional to moderate travel required.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States. Sponsorship not available.
Why Work For Us?
Our team members work in an environment that supports innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have growth mindset you are probably a great fit for our team!
Kinectrics AES, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurances, generous PTO and a 5% match on our 401k plan.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kinectrics AES is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.