[Structural Engineer] [Civil Engineer] Civil/Structural Engineer - Naperville, IL
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
About the Job
This position will perform a broad range of planning and design for civil and structural projects at power plants for today's leading energy providers. Duties will include the development of plans, construction drawings, specifications, design computations, and reports. The position will be technically involved in detailed design work, coordination of civil and non-civil designs on multi-discipline projects, coordination with utilities and municipalities, as well as resolution of design issues that may include site support to perform field investigations, installation support, and as-built documentation.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
• Basic design and analysis of concrete, steel structures, heavy load components and other equipment supports. Work includes, among other things, conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, design calculations, specification development, and seismic analysis.
• Develop 3-D analytical models utilizing FEA analysis techniques and response spectra seismic analysis.
• Assist with the development of design and construction drawings.
• Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines.
• Ensures effective management of assigned tasks for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control of assigned tasks.
• Preparing and verifying designs on site including creation of as-built drawings, field walk downs, and installation support.
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
• 2-3 years progressively more responsible pertinent experience.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Knowledge of engineering-based programs, such as Mathcad or Matlab.
• Must have previous experience with Finite Element Analysis software and/or analysis techniques.
• Successful applicants will possess good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment while being a self-starter.
Kinectrics AES, Inc. based in Naperville, IL is the U.S. division of Kinectrics, Inc. headquartered in Ontario, Canada, and a leading provider of innovative life cycle management solutions for the global electricity industry. Kinectrics is known worldwide for the technical excellence of its’ employees, challenging work, opportunity for career growth, and flexible working conditions.
Kinectrics AES provides comprehensive engineering, design, analysis and consulting for the energy sector. Our employees work with customers to solve their most difficult technical challenges in an entrepreneurial business environment, where careers can develop along both technical and managerial paths.
Why Work For Us?
Employee surveys consistently rank Kinectrics as “one of the best places to work”. Although this phrase may mean different things to different people, Kinectrics is widely recognized as a company that employs some of the best and brightest minds in the energy and utility industry. Learn more about why bright & talented people choose a career at Kinectrics.
Kinectrics AES, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurances, generous PTO and a 5% match on our 401k plan.
Kinectrics AES is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.