[Electrical Engineer] SENIOR ENGINEER OR ENGINEERING SPECIALIST - ELECTRICAL
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SENIOR ENGINEER OR ENGINEERING SPECIALIST - ELECTRICAL
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Electrical Engineer to perform duties supporting UCOR projects and/or Electrical Engineering Program function. Project locations can include ETTP, ORNL and Y-12. Duties to include:
• Lead Electrical Design/Upgrade Projects
• Provide programmatic leadership and technical guidance to electrical engineers
• Provide guidance and scope for electrical equipment installation, coordinate building work with construction
• Develop electrical engineering design via change documentation, and associated drawings/sketches
• Incorporate electrical system changes into facility red line drawings and oversee the drawing revisions
• Assist with development of maintenance work packages as well as new construction and process proposed changes from operations/maintenance
• Provide technical oversight of electrical field activities including troubleshooting, design changes, repairs and new installation
• Assist with the development, review, and approval of scopes of work, technical specifications, sole source justifications, purchase orders and other procurement aspects within the electrical scope
SPECIAL TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, OR LICENSES
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance.
• 15+ years experience in electrical systems design, installation, troubleshooting, and repairs/renovations with 13.8KV, 440V, 220-208V, and 110V power distribution systems
• Experience with managing electrical power design and upgrade projects including scoping estimates and
• Familiarity with and experience in implementation of NFPA 70 National Electric Code
• Experience in preparing and reviewing detailed calculations, reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by electricians
• Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades to electrical systems
• Experience in development of engineering change documentation for changes to existing electrical systems
• Experience with outdoor lighting design for industrial facilities
• Experience specifying or procuring electrical equipment items that are listed, labeled or recognized by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory
• Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.