[Drafter] Structural Designer III
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Structural Designer III opportunity for our customer in Denver, Colorado.
Position Title: Structural Designer III
Full Time Position: 40 hours/week
Location: Greenwood Village, CO (Denver area)
Start Date: Late October 2019
Job Duration: 3 to 6 months
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
• Develops and maintains plant 3D / BIM model,
• Develops engineering drawings and sketches of moderate complexity.
• Checks and reviews home discipline drawings.
• Reviews other discipline drawings and vendor drawings for structural interface.
• Coordinates work with other project team members.
• Associates Degree in computer aided drafting with a structural emphasis or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of progressive structural design and/ or fabrication experience
• US citizenship required, dual citizenship not allowed
• Heavy industrial steel and concrete design experience
• 2D and 3D plant design experience.
• In depth knowledge of design development, modeling, drawing preparation, and checking work flow.
• Working knowledge of engineering calculations and information required on design drawings.
• Working knowledge of material estimating methods.
• Performs discipline Material Take Off (MTO) activities using manual methods and computer applications
• Working knowledge of general 3D modeling software
• In depth knowledge of AutoCAD or other general plant modeling / drafting CAD software platform.
• Working knowledge of structural framing systems
• Working knowledge of building and equipment foundation systems.
• Working knowledge of model interference detection and resolution
• Working knowledge of Tekla Structures including advanced coursework.
• Working knowledge of Tekla connection design and steel detailing
• Working knowledge of Revit software
• Working knowledge of Advance Steel
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.