[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical)
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC
We have an opportunity available for a Supplemental Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical) at our Southern Nuclear Plant Vogtle 3&4 in Waynesboro, GA. This is not a permanent position within SNC. This position will be filled on a temporary basis as needed to provide additional oversight during U3 and U4 testing and start-up. This position will supplement the site electrical first line supervisors and will take daily direction from the Maintenance Manager.
The Supplemental Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical) is responsible for leading a team of electricians (house electricians and supplemental electricians and technicians) responsible for electrical maintenance related activities(PMs, surveillances, testing, etc. ) at the site including safety, compliance, reliability, efficiency and workforce excellence. This individual will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance in support/communication of Southern Nuclear goals and strategic initiatives. This position ensures that Nuclear Safety is the overriding priority and instills this priority in the maintenance workers.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will:
* Own the Corrective Action Program.
* Work schedule may include either 12 hour rotating shift or 12 hour rotating shift relief.
* Observe maintenance workers and provide intervention and coaching to reinforce management expectations and positive behaviors.
* Provide employees with regular feedback on performance, including coaching and intervention to reinforce expectations and develop acceptable behaviors.
* Ensure activities are performed in accordance with approved written documents such as approved plant procedures and work order instructions.
* Demonstrate ownership of business and management goals and lead team to align their efforts with those goals.
* Participate actively in the Work Management Process to insure work is executed safely, efficiently and effectively.
* Encourage employees to develop a high level of craftsmanship with an emphasis on nuclear safety, personnel safety and equipment reliability.
* Maintain a high level of productivity within the work force.
* Participate in the training process, own the training process and observe the training process as required.
* Manages department resources within budget
The successful candidate must be committed to “Constant Improvement” for themselves, the employees and the facility.
JOB EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* Previous experience in one or more of the fields below is preferred:
- Nuclear first line supervisor
- Electrical craft discipline
- Work order planning
- Discipline scheduler
* Previous experience with SNC processes/procedures is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Must be well organized and capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously
* Must have strong communication and presentation skills
* Must have strong problem solving skills
* Must be able to work in any environment demanded of the work force, including temperature extremes and elevations
* Must have an understanding of the IBEW contract and a working knowledge of plant maintenance and shop practices, with aptitude in all disciplines.
* Must have a working knowledge of OSHA and NRC requirements and be familiar with plant design and function
* Must exhibit Southern Style
* Must be inclined toward improving processes and performance
* Must demonstrate interest in the business challenge
* Must be committed to Constant Improvement
* Must be a change agent
* Walking a construction site
* Standing for long periods of time
* Climbing ladders and multiple flights of stairs
* Working at heights
* Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs), stooping and bending
* Exposure to elements (heat, cold, winds, etc.)
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.