[Mechanical Engineer] USAR6761 – MECHANICAL ENGINEER – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM - NO PD – DUE BY OCTOBER 28,2019
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
USAR6761 – MECHANICAL ENGINEER – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM – NO PD - DUE BY OCTOBER 28,2019
Mechanical Engineer to lead projects and/or Mechanical Engineering Program function. Project locations can include ETTP, ORNL and Y-12. Duties to include:
• Lead Mechanical Design/Upgrade Projects
• Provide programmatic leadership and technical guidance to mechanical engineers
• Provide guidance and scope for mechanical equipment installation, coordinate work with craft
• Develop mechanical engineering design via change documentation, and associated drawings/sketches
• Incorporate mechanical system changes into facility red line drawings and oversee the drawing revisions
• Assist with development of maintenance work packages as well as new construction and process proposed changes from operations/maintenance
• Provide technical oversight of mechanical field activities including troubleshooting, design changes, repairs and new installation
• Assist with the development, review, and approval of scopes of work, technical specifications, sole source justifications, purchase orders and other procurement aspects within the mechanical scope
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance.
• 15+ years experience in mechanical systems design, installation, troubleshooting, and repairs
• Experience with managing mechanical design and upgrade projects including scoping estimates
• Familiarity with and experience in implementation of applicable Codes and Standards
• Experience in preparing and reviewing detailed calculations, reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by craft
• Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades to mechanical systems
• Experience in development of engineering change documentation for changes to existing mechanical systems
• Experience with Fluid Transfer, HVAC, and Steam systems
• Experience specifying and/or procuring mechanical equipment
• Experience with water treatment technologies
• Familiarity with structural requirements and electrical systems as they relate to mechanica systems
• Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software