[Superintendent] USAR6762 – CHEMICAL OPERATOR SUPERVISOR – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM – NO PER DIEM – DUE BY OCTOBER 28,2019
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
USAR6762 – CHEMICAL OPERATOR SUPERVISOR – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM – NO PER DIEM – DUE BY OCTOBER 28,2019
ReNuke Services is seeking a chemical operator supervisor in Oak Ridge, TN. To be qualified for this position, the ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years working in DOE Category 2 and/or 3 nuclear facilities, or equivalent for Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)-regulated facilities. In addition, this position requires experience working in a supervisory capacity at a facility with Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) / Technical Safety Requirements (TSR) controls or NRC Technical Specifications controls
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The S&M Chemical Operator Supervisor shall be responsible for:
• Responsible for S&M Chemical Operator operations at Building 3038, 3517, and at all of the
facilities that fall within the scope of PROC-OR-2001, Conducting Repetitive S&M Inspections For D&D Facilities at ORNL.
• Ensures that the S&M Chemical Operator operations are conducted in a safe and reliable manner and in compliance with DOE and company requirements.
• Routinely conducting safety meetings, drills, and other required training sessions for the S&M Chemical Operators.
• Preparing written reports such as Safety Meeting Reports and other UCOR Project Manager Information Sheets.
• Performing special assignments as assigned by company Project Management.
• Ensuring that individuals whom he/she supervises execute their assigned tasks in accordance with established standard of performance.
• Supplying certain assistance and/or information to ORNL Maintenance craftsmen on certain maintenance activities.
• Supervising the training of newly assigned operating personnel.
• Participate in the development/implementation of job specific work packages.
• Remain familiar with all applicable safety documents.
• Making notifications of system upsets, personnel injuries/accidents, etc. as required by company policies/procedures.
• Participate in the retraining program for Chemical Operators.
• Ensure that site operations are performed in a safe and reliable manner, in compliance with DOE regulations and company policies/procedures and be responsible for all operations.
• Tracking Chemical Operator absenteeism and implementing disciplinary steps as required.
• Know and understand the principles of the Integrated Safety Management System: Line Management Responsibility; Roles and Responsibilities; Competence Commensurate with Responsibility; Balanced Priorities; Identification of Safety Standards and Requirements; Hazard Control Tailored to Work; and Operations Authorization.
• Know and understand core functions of the Integrated Safety Management System.
• Requires significant knowledge and work experience in maintenance craft as well as non-craft disciplines.
• Must be capable of understanding data pertaining to facilities, equipment, operations, and/or processes.
• Prior experience in planning and estimating of maintenance tasks is desirable. Must have knowledge and ability to analyze and evaluate jobs, identify hazards and develop alternative to issues and/or concerns. Must be able to effectively administer the Company- Union contract.
• Position requires a good understanding of plant policies and procedures concerning personnel, security, environmental, safety, health, and quality assurance. Must have demonstrated supervisory/leadership skills.