[Civil Engineer] CIVIL SITE DESIGN ENGINEER (2 OPENINGS)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
- Provide design for Civil Engineering tasks (i.e., site grading, utilities, drainage and hydraulic structures).
- Primary responsibilities include: development of hydrologic storm runoff calculations and hydraulic calculations; preparation of site drainage and runoff detention calculations; design of site paving, grading, and soil erosion control; design of roadway and pavement; routing and design of underground utilities; preparation of earthwork quantities; preparation of Construction Specification Institute (CSI) specifications; and review of vendor documents.
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
US Citizenship Required: Yes
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or BS Degree in Engineering with emphasis on Civil Engineering courses, or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of Civil Engineering design experience.
- Candidate must have the ability to prepare CSI Specifications.
- Candidate must be proficient in 2D Microstation CADD and HydroCad and must be familiar with Bentley Inroads.
- Candidate must have the ability to prepare hydrologic storm runoff calculations and hydraulic calculations, site drainage and runoff detention calculations and earthwork quantities.
- Candidate must have the ability to design site paving, grading and soil erosion control, and to route and design underground utilities.
- Candidate must have the ability to prepare design and fabrication drawings and walk down systems in the field.
- Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge of applicable National Codes and Standards and pertinent South Carolina Environmental Regulations.
Previous SRS design engineering experience is preferred.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Area Security Access:
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Afterward, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
For Immediate consideration, please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, Woman Owned, Minority Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer that supports a drug-free work environment.
****** www.UDRConsultinginc.com ******