[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking Skilled Structural Welders for a long-term position at Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary.
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first-class Welder.
Skills & other Requirements:
• Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
• Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
• Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
• Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
• Must pass all pre-employment screenings including: respirator physical and all med quals, hair follicle drug-screen and background check.
• All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following:
• All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW process.
• All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW process.
• Horizontal (2G) position GMAW process.
• Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more or apply use our career portal: www.rileypowergroup.com/career-portal or call 910-420-6999 ext. 1003