[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
USAR6717 - MECHANICAL ENGINEER - OAK RIDGE, TN - LONG TERM - DUE BY 11/18
Mechanical Engineer to lead projects and/or Mechanical Engineering Program function. Project locations can include ETTP, ORNL and Y-12. Duties to include:
* Lead Mechanical Design/Upgrade Projects
* Provide programmatic leadership and technical guidance to mechanical engineers
* Provide guidance and scope for mechanical equipment installation, coordinate work with craft
* Develop mechanical engineering design via change documentation, and associated drawings/sketches
* Incorporate mechanical system changes into facility red line drawings and oversee the drawing revisions
* Assist with development of maintenance work packages as well as new construction and process proposed changes from operations/maintenance
* Provide technical oversight of mechanical field activities including troubleshooting, design changes, repairs and new installation
* Assist with the development, review, and approval of scopes of work, technical specifications, sole source justifications, purchase orders and other procurement aspects within the mechanical scope
* Support achievement of line management objectives.
* Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
* Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
* Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
* Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
* Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
* Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
* Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
* Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
* Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
* Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
* Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
* Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
* Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance.
* 15+ years experience in mechanical systems design, installation, troubleshooting, and repairs
* Experience with managing mechanical design and upgrade projects including scoping estimates
* Familiarity with and experience in implementation of applicable Codes and Standards
* Experience in preparing and reviewing detailed calculations, reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner
* Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by craft
* Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades to mechanical systems
* Experience in development of engineering change documentation for changes to existing mechanical systems
* Experience with Fluid Transfer, HVAC, and Steam systems
* Experience specifying and/or procuring mechanical equipment
* Experience with water treatment technologies
* Familiarity with structural requirements and electrical systems as they relate to mechanica systems
* Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software