[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Engineer or Engineering Specialist (Mechanical)
Grades 23 – 30
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Mechanical engineer to support the Chief Engineer, Project Engineer, UCOR Projects and the Engineering Program as necessary and assigned. Project support locations may include ETTP, ORNL and Y-12.
• Performs engineering calculations. prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing, issues reports and maintains related data
• Experienced in mechanical engineering with emphasis on piping and pump design, HVAC design, general mechanical engineering, and engineering procurement
• Maintains liaison with design and drafting groups
• Prepares, reviews and approves drawings as required
• Advises the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems
• Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks
• Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned project
• Maintains timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding assigned engineering activities
SPECIAL TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, OR LICENSES
BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
• 5+ years of relevant experience required
• Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
• Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
• Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Functional with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance
• Previous experience at DOE facilities a plus
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.