[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
STRUCTURAL DESIGNER - 6 mo Contract-to-Hire
Looking for an opportunity to settle down in a long-term, permanent position that has great benefits? We are seeking a Structural Designer to lead and manage design teams for Knoxville, TN. This Structural Designer will work under the supervision of engineers and shall be tasked with leading civil-structural design projects for the power generation division. Additionally, the selected designer shall be responsible for producing design documents for power generation projects within the prescribed scope, schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
A strong background in industrial and facilities types of projects including strong working knowledge of structural design criteria, drawing details, and analysis principles, as they apply to industrial plants and associated facilities is required.
The selected candidate shall be experienced in the following software:
- Plant 3D
* Perform design checking function for other designers and CAD personnel.
* Ensure designs and calculations are properly verified and interdisciplinary interfaces are handled through established company procedures.
* Provide management and leadership support by leveraging project selection and execution success to achieve strategic objectives.
* Possess technical proficiency in the designing and layout of piping systems — familiarity with laser scanning techniques a plus.
* Execute high-level design functions for power generation projects.
* Coordinate work assignments and schedules with engineers, CAD personnel, and designers from other disciplines.
* Maintain relationships with new and existing or potential clients.
* Associate degree in Drafting & Design.
* 3+ years’ experience in civil / structural design.
* Advanced technical proficiency in AutoCAD – Plant3D and MicroStation a plus.