[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Electrical Utility Engineer - PERMANENT POSITION
Looking to settle down in a long-term, permanent position that has awesome benefits? Yes you are, because we are seeking an Electrical Engineer with a background in the utility industry to support Nashville, TN office!
* Experience in the utility industry.
* Responsible for transmission/distribution line engineering, including design for high voltage line projects up to 161kV.
* Prepare and aid in the development of the engineering deliverables for electrical T&D projects such as:
- Line routing
- Structure selection and design
- Plan & profile drawings
- Hardware and conductor selection
- Equipment and construction specifications
* Involved in utility relocation plan designs for highway construction projects.
* Substation Design & Studies:
- Arc Flash
* Design support for electrical power supply elements in ITS and Traffic Signal designs.
* 5-10 years of experience in High Voltage Overhead and Underground Electrical Utility Distribution (13kV to 46kV), Transmission (69kv to 161kv) Line Design.
* Detailed knowledge of the following:
- NESC code requirements
- Power utilization equipment including: switchgear, protective relays, breakers, transformers, motors and generators
- Familiarized with TDOT Plans Production and Procedures.
- Computer-Aided Drafting experience in MicroStation and/or Open Roads experience
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited four-year college or university.
* Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Tennessee, or ability to obtain within 12 months.
* Willingness to acquire licenses in other states.