[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Drafting Support for Information Technology Engineering and other Engineering Organizations
The Subcontractor will furnish a Drafter to provide staff augmentation support to ITE, EU and other organizations through MSA Central Engineering, as noted below.
The Drafter assigned to this subcontract will, at all times, remain employees of the Subcontractor, but work will be managed by MSA.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
The Subcontractor shall provide qualified staff augmentation drafter support as appropriate and requested by the Buyer Technical Representative (BTR) for tasks including but not limited to the following:
• Support the preparation of Facility Modification Packages (FMPs) working closely with designers and engineers.
• Update engineering drawings, incorporating changes from FMPs and various project documentation under the direction of designers and engineers.
• Support other requests as directed by the Drafting & Design Manager, such as preparing tables, charts, figures, and sketches for documents.
• Provide multi discipline (e.g. mechanical, electrical, civil, structural) drafting support to MSA Central Engineering as directed by the Drafting & Design Manager.
• The Drafter should be able to:
• Demonstrate competency when using AutoCAD software to produce drawings.
• Work collaboratively and take direction from designers and engineers.
• Communicate effectively with good written and verbal skills.
• The Drafter will work with other drafters, designers, engineers, and interface with the Drafting & Design Manager. Schedule of work will be mutually agreed upon between the Subcontractor and the BTR.
• A minimum of 1 year of drafting experience working for an employer.
• A minimum of 2 years using AutoCAD drafting software (a combination of employment and schooling is acceptable).
• Experienced/trained in the usage of the version of AutoCAD software currently used by MSA (as of 11/6/2019 AutoCAD version 2017 or newer is the minimum requirement).
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience drafting in electrical, telecommunications, information technology, mechanical, civil, or structural engineering disciplines.
• A.A./A.A.S. degree from accredited institution.
• AutoCAD certification from accredited institution.
• Autodesk Certified User or Certified Professional credentials.
• Prior experience with Hanford Site drawing standards and configuration management processes.
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements
The work location is MO404, Richland Washington (subject to change), as well as on the Hanford Site located 35 miles north of Richland, WA. Work, including meetings, may also be conducted on the Hanford site at various locations.
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the Contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.