[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Nuclear Accountability Software Technical Writer (Part-time)
Provide a technical writer with nuclear material control and accountability experience to support the Safeguards and Security efforts related to the Local Area Nuclear Material Accountability Software (LANMAS) application. This includes support for both current LANMAS applications in operation and future LANMAS maintenance releases. The LANMAS application is a custom-designed software suite used for nuclear material accounting throughout the DOE complex.
• LANMAS User’s Guides. Revise the user guides to reflect new functionality or changes to existing functionality. The user’s guides include explanations of nuclear material accounting concepts as well as detailed procedures for software use. The manual is maintained in both Microsoft Word and HTML formats. The overall structure and flow of the manual shall be maintained.
• LANMAS training. Revise the lesson plans, student handouts, exercises, and instructor aids for the three DOE National Training Center LANMAS courses to reflect software changes required due the latest release of the LANMAS v4.0 application. Updates may also come from instructor and attendee feedback. Provide assistance with the development of a new Computer Based Training (CBT) LANMAS prerequisite class. Develop additional training materials as needed to support both current and future LANMAS applications.
• Requirements documents. Participate in the development of requirements for new or revised software functionality. Participate in the reconstitution of the software baseline requirements and incorporate new requirements into the baseline.
• Software acceptance tests. Develop detailed acceptance test cases based on the technical specifications for the latest scheduled LANMAS software release. Conduct acceptance testing as necessary.
• Software documentation. Prepare or revise documentation required to support program execution, software quality assurance, or any other software engineering requirements
BS Degree in one of the following disciplines: Business Management, Engineering, or closely-related scientific discipline.
Candidate must have at least 10 years of nuclear material control and accountability (NMC&A) experience. Candidate must have experience implementing DOE NMC&A requirements and testing/evaluating the LANMAS software application. Training and experience in the development of instructional materials (including practical exercises) is required. Candidate must also have experience with the development of software requirements and the development and conduct of software acceptance tests.
Work schedule is based on part-time with flexible work hours.
Area Security Access:
A security clearance is not required to conduct job tasks.