[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
NWP has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager for the Permanent Ventilation System (PVS) Unfiltered Exhaust Shaft (UES) Project and the delivery of the UES Project to the baseline schedule and cost.
The successful candidate will have day to day responsibility and management of the UES Capital Asset Project. Responsible for accurate reporting of project progress on a weekly basis to the Capital and Infrastructure Manager and Monthly to NWP senior management and the Carlsbad Field Office (CBFO). The Project Manager is responsibility to ensure compliance with all DOE EVMS requirements, change control management throughout the Project lifecycle to the minimum extent possible, manage all subcontracts to minimize scope growth, ensure Project Function Requirements are met throughout the lifecycle of the project and assist the Cost Account Manager (CAM) in performing those duties, ensure the schedule is maintained on a weekly basis and that the top 3 critical paths are identified to the Capital and Infrastructure Manager on a weekly basis, ensure change documents are processed in a timely fashion, both internally and also to the CBFO, all cost deviations are managed through the change process on a monthly basis, manage the procurement process for each contract within the US Project, and participate regularly in Site meetings and informational update meetings.
Bachelor’s Degree, with fourteen (14) years of relevant experience or an Associate’s Degree with eighteen (18) years of relevant experience.
Five (5) years’ experience in managing projects and leading cross-functional teams.
Must have project experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS), DOE 0 413.3B, Critical Decision (CD) and DOE Capital Asset Projects.
Knowledge of project management financial controls and systems.
• Experience directing resources within a project organization and project team is a plus.
• Previous experience as a Mining or Ventilation Project Engineer desired.
• Experience with DOE Safety Basis Orders and DOE 0 413.3B is preferred.
• Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating/documenting experience managing projects design at commercial manufacturing facilities, managing projects in excess of 10 million dollars, and/or DOE or commercial nuclear sites.
• Previous WIPP experience is a plus.