[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NEC has an immediate need for the following:
Software Configuration Management Engineer (Job No. 41-121819-02)
Responsible for Configuration Management of all IT systems designated as configuration-controlled; including all firmware, software, and computer hardware. Coordinates with IT Operations engineers and Engineering Instrumentation & Controls systems engineers to oversee changes to development, test/staging, and production systems. Coordinates schedules with the development team, QA team, and I&C system engineers to maximize system uptime while maintaining comprehensive CM program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for developing the Configuration Management Repository (Database) as well as instantiating and maintaining the configurations for development, test, and production systems.
2. Writes and maintains the Configuration Management Plan and Change Control Plan for the NuScale Software development effort.
3. Reviews and establishes project CM requirements, develops project schedules and coordinates their implementation for in-house activities as well as designated subcontractors and vendors.
4. Work with IT manager and I&C systems engineer during installation and maintenance of all gear in the I&C lab including networks, servers, switches, and workstations.
5. Stays abreast of industry product development and utilizes best practices to provide company with highest quality products under a 10 CFR 50 appendix B quality program.
6. Responsible for developing the CM training materials, and, in conjunction with the Training Manager, conducting training classes for developers, QA engineers, Verification & Validation engineers and others who will work on the hardware and software that is under configuration management.
7. Responsible for working with the Systems Engineer to maintain all SW and HW in the controlled environments to current configurations, and for ensuring that all changes to HW and SW are made in accordance with change control procedures.
8. Responsible for identifying, evaluating and recommending improvements to development team processes as they relate to Configuration Management.
9. Independent review of sub-contractor or vendor CM programs, and materials submitted for inclusion into the company CM system.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
Education: A minimum of a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, I&C Engineering, or related degree with CM experience.
Experience: A minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering or I&C Engineering is required, with a minimum of 3 of those years having been specifically in Configuration Management. Additional required skills and/or experience include:
o Hands-on experience with source-code control, configuration management databases or other related systems required.
o Ability to demonstrate excellent knowledge of functional disciplines and their practical application and has knowledge of applicable industry codes (for example, IEEE) and regulations required.
o Configuration Management experience in a regulated industry is required.
o Experience with Software QA, Software development or Software systems engineering in an industrial environment (industrial controls, WonderWare, PLCs, etc) is preferred.
o US commercial nuclear power experience preferred.
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under DoE 10 CFR Part 810 foreign persons restrictions. Overall Job Knowledge and Performance: Understanding of engineering concepts, principles, theories.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and ASME NQA-1 is preferred.
For the most efficient processing, browsing of all open positions, and the ability to update your resume, please apply via NECs new Online Candidate Portal, which can be accessed using the link below. For simple general resume submission, email resumes in word format to Nuclear Energy Consultants, Inc. at email@example.com.
Excellent compensation package, including life insurance.
Thank you for considering NEC.