[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The work environment is an active heavy construction site and will include both office and field settings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
• Thorough understanding of construction management and project management.
• Thorough knowledge of construction scheduling, document control, and records requirements.
• Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining solutions with appropriate paths forward in a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear, concise and impactful reports.
• Knowledge of construction practices, construction field management, Field Engineering, construction scheduling and Area Manager responsibilities.
• Strong familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
• Experience with Nuclear or other major construction including Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Welding, HVAC, Fire Protection, Instrumentation and Control.
• Experience with system and/or component functional testing and turnover to commissioning.
• Project Management Professional training and certifications are a plus.
Education and Experience: Position typically requires a recognized degree in engineering, or construction, or specialized courses in project management and a minimum of eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Develop a strong team relationship with contractor field leadership and management for assigned scopes of work in order to help the project succeed.
• Relentlessly pursue successful achievement of assigned major milestones.
• Understand the construction end-state, construction completion sequence options, and construction schedule by specified area, commodity, system and milestone.
• Identify, pursue and take advantage of opportunities to improve construction and project performance.
• Help manage value and seek to optimize the balance between cost and schedule performance.
• Provide leadership in helping get problems solved and establishing priorities for construction.
• Deliver insights to constituents and executives regarding contractor performance and project performance to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with project objectives, contract documents, and regulatory requirements.
• Communicate facts, required actions, trends, recommendations, questions and advice to constituents to inform and influence project decision-makers and help establish priorities for the project.
• Record and document areas where contractors are not meeting performance requirements in order to identify opportunities for cost recovery from errors, performance gaps and inefficiencies.
• Help optimize contractor resource allocation.
• Analyze project information in order to inform and influence project leaders and project outcomes.
o Define problems
o Determine significance
o Determine urgency
o Determine risks
o Offer solutions and coordinate efforts to achieve successful outcomes