[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Williams Industrial Services
Project Controls will perform and/or oversee the estimating, procurement, reporting, change management and cost controls function for assigned job location.
Requires proficient knowledge of contract types, project planning, project execution work processes and change management (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning) internal/external status reporting, scheduling, and cost estimating.
* Responsible for implementing consistent project control policies and procedures to support business unit strategic goals.
* Collaborates with the Project Manager, Financial Analyst and applicable vendors for the alignment and forecasting of project financials based on actual cost and schedule performance as reflected in the project schedule
* Examine, evaluate and review all changes to schedule and contract for variances and submit change orders and impacts.
* Review customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in the implementation schedule and budget.
* Report monthly accruals, analyze and evaluate forecasts against established baseline and report actuals to client representatives.
* Assess the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages; report out variances and suggest recovery options and generate appropriate change requests.
* Report and evaluate earned value metrics reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to articulate and understand project related risks and maintain risk register(s), for related projects.
* Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to others in the resolution of project changes.
* Strong understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Primavera 6, and database applications.
* Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material
* Strong interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
* Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
* Must be willing and able to be a self-starter, aligning daily efforts with accompli shment of key company initiatives and objectives.
* May work in an office environment and/or on the project site
* Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
* Ability to type on a keyboard
* Ability to converse over a telephone
Education: Bachelorís degree required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Experience: 3-5 years minimum, 5-7 years targeted planning & scheduling, project controls, cost management, and internal reporting experience using software programs such as, Primavera, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Access; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management. Demonstr ated success working within cross-discipline teams, including the ability to lead integration of key scheduling & reporting requirements necessary to support essential company objectives, including risk management and financial management.
Desired Qualifications: Must be able to obtain non-escorted access to U.S. commercial nuclear and non-nuclear power plants.