[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Construction Engineer Senior with the following qualifications:
• Under general supervision, applies standard construction engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to assigned Projects.
• Typical job responsibilities: assist and support management in engineering design and development, as well as construction field engineering support.
• The specific work assignment will be based on project needs and requirements and may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas: civil, structural, architectural, mechanical electrical or chemical in addition to other duties as assigned.
• Is familiar with project/contract scope and can identify changed conditions.
• Adheres to project safety/ISMS requirements and encourages safe work activity
• Evaluates, selects and applies construction engineering techniques' procedures and criteria' using solid judgment in making decisions.
• Provides clarification arid interpretation of project design documents, contract/client specifications and construction Plans.
• Supports material and contract management activities. May be assigned Contract Technical Representative responsibilities (CTR).
• Supports construction activities and assists supervision, contractors, craftsmen and foreman with regard to construction-related issues identified on drawings.
• Assists in assembly, of work packages and provision of engineering documents.
• Recommends solutions to field construction issues.
• Coordinates special field requests for engineering and/or vendor documents from contractors or other resources as needed.
• Provides input to as-built drawing efforts.
• Evaluates and verifies vendor data and drawings from other disciplines.
• Supports the quality team in technical assessment of quality issues and non-conformities of construction.
• May supervise a team of employees or subcontractors.
• Performs tracking and trending of Construction performance.
• Supports Construction operability or engineering evaluations when necessary.
• Coordinates pre-construction activities - obtaining excavation permits; grade survey information; Geo-Tech borings; Subsurface site surveys; Heath Physic (HP) surveys; delivery, offloading and staging for parts and equipment.
• Performs project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress and preparation of procedures.
• Prepares scheduling, estimates, progress reports, meetings, procurement activities, etc. necessary to support project activities utilizing professional engineering techniques with a wide latitude for independent action and decision.
• Provides support for the development of SOW and RFP for new construction and D&D projects.
• Provides Constructability input to Engineering.
• Assists Construction Planner in Work Plan development.
• Provides construction engineering support to the Construction Supervisor/Coordinator Subject Matter Expert.
• Assists Project Engineer in evaluation of operations and proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering disciplines and standards, federal, state or local statutes and regulations as well as project/company policy.
• Coordinates with Plant Shift Superintendent (PSS); Security; Fire Department; Facility Custodians: Safety and Power Operations for utilities isolations and tie-ins.
• Assists Engineering with LOTO and isolation plans.
• Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
• Actively participates in Safety Work Groups.
• BS degree in a related field and 7 years of applicable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Expert understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices.
• Expert knowledge of applicable codes and standards as well as project procedures.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Understanding of multiple engineering disciplines.
• Must possess a DOE "L" clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE "L" Clearance.
Estimated duration: Award through 9/30/2020
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.