[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NEC has an immediate need for the following:
Licensing Specialist 4 (Job No. 41-022120-01)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under infrequent supervision, the Licensing Engineer 4 provides senior level licensing direction for complex regulatory projects while ensuring compliance with nuclear safety and licensing requirements. The Licensing Engineer 4 ensures the development of timely and high quality products for submittal to regulatory agencies with infrequent or no supervision. The Licensing Engineer 4 also provides licensing services to engineering, test, safety analysis internal resources on regulatory and licensing activities in support of projects. The Licensing Engineer 4 interfaces with the regulatory agencies and industry groups on assigned activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports the resolution of complex issues and processes to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements for assigned projects.
2. Provides tactical direction and technical regulatory guidance to internal project resources, cross-functional work teams, and management for complex issues to resolve licensing strategy, implementation or interpretation issues.
3. Oversees and supports licensing programs and schedules for various regulatory engagements and actions. Provides support for regulatory meetings and hearings for assigned projects.
4. Oversees and supports interface with clients and provide support to clients as required. Manages inputs to the regulatory applications and other legal processes for obtaining licenses and permits.
5. Oversees and supports interface and interactions with industry groups (e.g., NEI, EPRI etc.) as directed by the responsible manager.
6. Oversees and supports submittal of project licensing documents and ensures that licensing documents are complete, accurate and in compliance with the licensing strategy, commitments, and statutory requirements in all material respects.
7. Prepares, edits and reviews regulatory submittals to regulatory agencies in support of licensing efforts. Applies authoring, reviewing editing, document planning, and organizational skills in the preparation of a large and complex nuclear license applications.
8. Develops effective regulatory strategy based on industry and regulatory guidance documents; makes recommendations based on the analysis of technical and regulatory information through independent efforts.
9. Ensures client program compliance with applicable regulations, codes and standards.
10. Implements lessons learned and industry best practices; actively involved in industry groups/forums as assigned.
11. Travels domestically and/or internationally to various regulator and industry locations when performing assigned tasks.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
• Education/Certification: A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Science. Advanced degree preferred.
• Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years’ licensing experience in the nuclear industry at nuclear power plants, nuclear reactor suppliers, or nuclear industry architect-engineering firms (eight (8) years’ experience with an advanced degree) Required. Other nuclear, engineering and legal/regulatory background will be considered.
o Primary need is with Chapters 3, 6, 8, 9, 15, 19 including multiple associated Topical Report revisions to manage.
o Experience involving direct interactions with regulatory agencies preferred.
o Knowledge of project management systems Preferred.
• Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
• Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
For the most efficient processing, browsing of all open positions, and the ability to update your resume, please apply via NEC’s new Online Candidate Portal, which can be accessed using the link below. For simple general resume submission, email resumes in word format to Nuclear Energy Consultants, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellent compensation package, including life insurance.
Thank you for considering NEC.