[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NEC has an immediate need for the following:
Mechanical Engineer 4-NSSS Component Analysis (Job No. 41-033120-02)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Nuclear Steam Supply System (NSSS) design engineering organization generates technical requirements and associated design parameters for the modular advanced light water reactor (ALWR) NSSS. Utilizing proven state-of-the-art methodologies NSSS components are engineered to nuclear industry standards. The person in this position performs stress analysis of pressure vessels in accordance with ASME BPVC Section III, and applicable regulatory requirements. All work within the NSSS design organization is completed under ASME NQA-1 quality assurance requirements and respective U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs thermal and stress analysis of ASME BPVC Section III Class 1 and 2 components using the ANSYS computer program.
2. Uses the design by analysis methodology (i.e., NB-3200) to evaluate all loading combinations as required by the design specification for primary, secondary, and peak stresses including the calculation of cumulative usage factors (fatigue).
3. Offers design solutions in order to satisfy stress criteria.
4. Interprets scope and project requirements.
5. Acquires, maintains and develops training qualifications.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
Education/Certification: A minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering, preferably Nuclear or Mechanical Engineering, from a four year ABET accredited college or university.
Experience: 8+ years of full-time relevant working experience is required. Candidates must be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience with engineering design and stress engineering analysis (design by analysis methodology), preferably in the nuclear industry, as well as expertise with the ANSYS computer program.
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and ASME NQA-1 is preferred.
For the most efficient processing, browsing of all open positions, and the ability to update your resume, please apply via NECs new Online Candidate Portal, which can be accessed using the link below. For simple general resume submission, email resumes in word format to Nuclear Energy Consultants, Inc. at email@example.com.
Excellent compensation package, including life insurance.
Thank you for considering NEC.